2019-20 WISE Mentors with Mr. Wuf at WWW
- Must attend a WISE Mentor Info Session or view recording to be considered for the position! Access the Info Session HERE.
- Application – You will receive the application after attending the info session or viewing the recording.
- Mentor Reference Form – Email your mentor the link to the form.
WISE Mentor Qualifications
- Interest in engaging with and helping others!
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.7 at time of application
- Maintain a Cumulative GPA of 2.7 at end of spring semester
- Major in engineering or science field (includes College of Engineering, College Agriculture & Life Sciences, College of Sciences, College of Natural Resources, Wilson College of Textiles, and the LSFY Program)
- Will have completed a minimum of 29 credits by the start of the fall semester
- Complete all WISE requirements in the Fall and Spring semesters!
- Experience living in a residence hall setting
- Willing to live in Lee Hall on the 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th floors
- Good judicial standing with Housing & Student Conduct
- Capable of working independently and in groups
- Organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of campus resources and services
- Participate in Housing selection process
- Able to participate in Mentor Training & WISE Bridge/Wolfpack Welcome Week
WISE Mentor Responsibilities
- Commit to working a minimum of 7-10 hours per week
- (the weeks of training/move-in/Bridge/Wolfpack Welcome Week will be longer)
- Assist with Opening, Summer Bridge Program, & Wolfpack Welcome Week Activities
- Serve as a role model for the WISE & University Communities
- Relationship building: one-on-one and as a Mentee/WISE Community
- Regular interaction & engagement with Mentees
- Suite/Room Visits, Meals, Coffee Breaks, Study Nights, etc.
- One-on-Ones with Mentees – Once a semester
- Help students become familiar with university resources
- Advise and refer residents to appropriate university resources as the need arises
- Work with RAs and other staff to build community within the WISE Village
- Provide social programming for Mentees (once a month)
- Help plan and facilitate at least one WISE Wednesday per year
- Help set-up/clean-up the WISE Speakers Series and other events as needed
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Administrative & Other Duties as Assigned
WISE Mentor Benefits
- Yearly compensation package totaling $1500-1700 (Mentors will be responsible for all room charges)
- Dining Dollars/All Campus Money totaling $150 per semester
- Guaranteed room assignment in Lee Hall (choose your own roommate)
- Enhanced academic focus
- Learn valuable leadership, time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience the satisfaction of helping others
For more information, please contact the WISE Graduate Assistant.